Saturday, June 30, 2007

Congressman Bart Gordon's Latest Reply:

June 11, 2007


Thank you for contacting me about the Cold War Medal Act of 2007. Hearing from you helps me better represent Middle Tennessee.

Like you, I believe in the importance of honoring those who chose to serve their country during the Cold War era. The secretive nature of the Cold War meant that many of its most pivotal figures could not
receive the recognition they were due. With the collapse of the Soviet Union, however, there is no reason to deny these patriots the honor they have earned through many years of quiet and unsung service to our
nation.

Currently, the bill has only been introduced in the Senate, where it is
working its way through the committee process. I will support its passage once the bill is forwarded for consideration by the House of Representatives.

Thank you once again for writing me. If you have any other issues you'd like to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Stay in touch,
/s
BART GORDON
Member of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to say?