Sunday, July 01, 2007

Too many Uninsured Veterans

Most young men when they joined the military were under the impression that their healthcare would be taken care of by the VA if they were unable to work or afford health insurance for themselves and this was a lifetime contract the goverment promised. Now 1 in 8 veterans are uninsured according to new study. Veterans took the oath to defend this country; a grateful nation should honor their obligatons to these men and women.







----------------- Bulletin Message -----------------
From: Paul Rieckhoff
Date: Jul 1, 2007 8:17 PM


National Public Radio, Day to Day, June 21, 2007 · One in eight veterans under age 65 are without basic health insurance or access to a veterans' hospital, according to a new study from the Harvard Medical School. The study was the focus of a House panel hearing Wednesday.

Paul Rieckhoff, executive director of the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, talks with Anthony Brooks.

Here is the link to the audio:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11253585

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:24 PM

    This blog is very inspiring. I support the military as the son of a military man. I wish I could shake all your hands myself.

    Happy 4th!

    Like you, I have decided to compete at the Bloggers Choice Awards. I would like it very much
    if you would go to http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/21020 and vote for me for best political blog and best overall blog as well, if you feel my blog is of a high quality. I really think I have a legitimate shot at winning. If you are open to spreading the
    word, that would be cool as well. If you do, I am happy to reciprocate.

    Thank you.

    eric aka www.blacktygrrrr.wordpress.com

    P.S. If you would add me to your blogroll, that would be appreciated as well.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something to say?