Monday, November 19, 2007

ACWV Letter From Senator Collins


Recieved by our Director in Maine Jerry Terwilliger

I received this yesterday, dtd Nov 7.

Dear Mr. Terwilliger

Thank you for your continued correspondence regard the Cold War Medal Act (S1097) I appreciate hearing from you, and I again thank you for your service to our country.

As you know from my previous letter to you, I am proud to be cosponsoring this legislation. I also offered an amendment with Senator Clinton to the Fiscal Year (FY)2008 National Defense Authorization Act to include the Cold War Medal Act as part of the bill. Regrettably, this amendment was not includd in the Senate Versin of the defense authorization bill. The house verion did however, include a provision to authorize a Cold War Victory Medal. This legislation in currently in conference proceedings. As a Senate conferee and a member of the Senate armd Services Commitee, I apprciate knowing of your continued support for this medal.

I also noted your request for renaming the South Portland Post Office in honor of Sergeant Jason wiger, who made the ultimate sacrifice as a soldier in Iraq on March 25. I have directed my staff to explore the feasibility of this proposal and appreciate your suggstion.

Again thank you for contacting me and for your service to our country.

Senator Susan Collins

DC Office Information
413 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-2523
Fax: (202) 224-2693




Jerry

--------------------------------------------------------------
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
US Navy 1960-1970

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to say?