Friday, August 01, 2008

Congressman Bart Gordon on an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act of 2009 to provide for the issue of a Cold War Medal





July 31, 2008


Thank you for sharing your suggestion to introduce an

amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act of 2009 to

provide for the issue of a Cold War Medal. Hearing from you

helps me better represent Middle Tennessee.

I appreciate your outstanding service in the United States

Armed Forces. Our nation's soldiers and veterans have sacrificed

so much to protect the freedoms and liberties that we all hold

dear. How we choose to care for our current and former warriors

speaks volumes about the value we give their service. I am deeply

committed to seeing that the benefits promised to our service men

and women are not only protected but improved upon.

I share your belief that it is important we continue to look

for ways to honor our nation's veterans, and your idea to introduce

an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act to

provide for the issue a Cold War Medal is a good one. On May

22nd, the House passed, with my support, H.R. 5658, the Duncan

Hunter National Defense Authorization Act of 2009. Upon this

bill's passage in the Senate, it is anticipated to go to a final

conference between the House and the Senate. Be assured that I

will contact my House colleagues on the Armed Services

Committee to share your suggestion.

I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue. If

there is ever anything that I can do for you or your family, please

do not hesitate to contact me.

Stay in touch,

BART GORDON

Member of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to say?