Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Cold War Veterans feeling on his treatment by the VA


I came across this forum post that sends a message I here again and again . The Pension system needs to be reformed at the VA he is one of many of the era who have come to find out they are treated as second class veterans in the VA system.


johnnyBnike
Newbie

Offline

Posts: 1


cold war veterans are not treated with respect they deserve
« on: March 04, 2008, 01:21:37 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't had good luck with the VA since ETS. I recently had a brain aneurysm burst and it has left me totally disabled. I just received a letter today denying me of anything. They state that it was a time of PEACETIME. I manned a nuclear arsenal during that showdown with gorbachev. That was frontline duty if I ever seen it. I really feel neglected about it all. The cold war wasn't a war without a congressional proclamation. Has our war today have this? This will lead to major neglect in the future that cannot happen. All veterans raised their right hands and all veterans get benefits. Thats what I thought happens, guess I was wrong. Young and dumb was a necessity for the guys I worked with. wish I could have those years back, I wouldn't given them away so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to say?