Monday, May 03, 2010

We went to Arlington to honor Cold War Veterans who died in a forgotten war, they dare call "peacetime".

pictures are available for 30 days

 

Greetings, I was on watch in the 6901st when our guys got shot down in September 1958.   I also served in Landsberg in 1956 with the 6905th.  I belong to the American Cold War Association and we had our annual meeting last week.  http://www.americancoldwarvets.org/    We went to Arlington to honor Cold War Veterans who died in a forgotten war, they dare call "peacetime".  These guys weren't  awarded even the "National Defense Medal."  I Met with Senator Snow from my home state, and told her it's a shame these guys are not eligible for this medal.  We are fighting for a Cold War Medal also.  I was able to find the marker and place some roses.   I am the former webmaster for the www.6901st.org web site.  You may post these pictures on your site if you desire. 

Don Levesque 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to say?